As Seen On: Style Me Pretty
Scans By: Photovision Prints | Heat Protectant: Hot Toddy | Curling Iron: 1" Barrel
Salt Spray: Mai Tai Spritzer | Hairspray: Money Maker Flexible Hold | Sparkling Soda Shine Mist
Dry Bar | Lifestyle & Beauty Blogger Brittany Messner of Life Set Sail
A few words from Brittany Messner of Life Set Sail who has partnered with Drybar to bring you an easy how-to for one of this seasons hottest trends, exposed bobby pins.
There are so many ways to pull of this trend, but I’ll get into that later! For now you can follow the step-by-step guide on how to recreate the look above at home.
1. Part hair to side and apply a heat protectant. I used Hot Toddy, which is a lightweight heat and UV protectant.
2. Curl one inch sections of hair away from your face and allow to cool. For loose, tousled curls I love the 3 Day Bender 1″ Barrel Digital Curling Iron for it’s easy to use rotating barrel and fast heat up/cool down time.
3. Finger comb hair to break up curls.
4. Mist hair with salt spray. The Mai Tai Spritzer does a phenomenal job of creating added texture and volume…oh yah, and it smells incredible.
5. Pull back bang heavy side and pin. You can do this whichever way you like, but for this particular look I’ve gone for three X’s. If you want them even it’s easiest to pin each one side of each X first before crossing over with the other side.
6. Finish with a light-hold hairspray like the Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep unwanted frizz at bay.
Optional: If you’d rather go for a smooth, less textured look you can skip the salt spray/hairspray and create a glossy finish with the Sparkling Soda Shine Mist.
Not into so many steps? This would be a perfect last minute style for back-to-school by skipping the curling iron – and don’t worry about getting the pins to sit evenly as this style looks great with random placing as well.
See her original post here.
Are you recently engaged and planning a wedding? Justine Milton, Calgary based destination wedding photographer is currently booking for 2016 & 2017 dates! We book weddings all over the world & love to travel so no matter where your wedding is taking place, if you love our style, give us a shout! We only take on a limited number of weddings each year to ensure we are giving each couple our absolute best! If you would like to chat with us about possibly photographing your wedding, get in touch with Justine here: e-mail me