Styling Direction Brittany @ohmydearblog | Dallas’ clothing from Adorn Boutique @adorncalgary | Kids’ outfits from Sem Label | Marble Necklace from @silasandivy | Hair bows from my main girl @thebabyniche | Flowers from the sweet and kind @monalysa.floral
See Dallas' original post here.
A few words from Dallas: We invite our Canadian family into our home to celebrate with an Easter brunch. If you don’t know this about me, brunch is my favoutite meal of the day. I love starting my day day off with something savoury and topping it off with something sweet (check out my Danish inspired cinnamon bun recipe here).
I’ve outlined a few simple touches that can elevate your Easter decor into something simple yet elegant:
- Pastel pallet – What is easter without a few pastels? I’ve loved my geometric phases with touches of grey and black, but with two sweet little girls, touches of pink and a few bunnies move their souls. Pink is a love language around these parts and I love moving their souls.
- Flowers – A fresh bouquet just adds life. Quite literally. Flowers don’t bloom in my part of the world until late June, so I often pick up a grower’s bunch at Costco to liven up the space. Even fake flowers add a certain “je ne sais quoi” to a room! (And I won’t tell!)
- Candles – I learnt from my mother-in-law how candles add instant atmosphere. Hygge at it’s finest!
- Cinnamon buns – Baked goods just make life better and taste delicious.
- Bunny Ears – Do you see those eggs with bunny ears? Dear Lord. Not for the faint of heart. Brittany’s husband was a pro at creating these bunny ears, and you would think I had mallets for hands as I tried to twist and bend the wire into the right direction. I cut ALL my fingers. Yes. All. I decided to just put band-aids on all my finger tips. These are cute, I know, but not simple.
- Napkins – Napkins are a great way to add colour or prints to your table. The extra touch just pulls the table setting together!
- Lavender Lemonade – This lemonade from Danielle Walker’s “Celebrations” cookbook is absolutely refreshing and elegant!
- Ikea – Just do it. Table runners, plates, napkins, serve ware, pitchers …. Ikea is my happy place. If you need to add an affordable touch, this is a great place to start!